About the company
Our client is a proudly Australian listed company with a growing international footprint. They operate in a fast moving project-based environment with demanding deadlines, where a typical project’s duration is weeks rather than months.
About your role
To provide the leadership, direction and management of the software development and implementation teams to deliver the strategic product planning, project management, market and customer engagements. You will own the requirements analysis and the commercial and business management expertise to drive product development and commercialization of the Company’s software programs.
You will lead the architectural design, team management, project management and run multiple concurrent projects to completion. This hands-on Head of Software role.
- To lead and manage the development resources, and guide technical leads
- Provide project delivery and project management function to ensure development projects are delivered in a timely and co-ordinated manner
- To lead the design, development and implementation of the software platform, architecture and software development roadmap.
- To develop, improve, enhance and implement current and new application platforms.
- You are a self-starter who can actively engage others to quickly develop domain knowledge of the system
- A good communicator who can articulate technical points in a discussion
- Someone who appreciates measuring Team success by meeting project deadlines
- Someone who can draw on their past experiences and skills to implement best practice, quality code as efficiently as possible
- Someone who likes to share knowledge and contribute to the success of the team to avoid or overcome obstacles
- A person who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and contribute on a variety of tasks
- A person who is flexible, can multi-task and can course-correct or adjust when dealing with competing demands.
About your skill and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in either IT, Software Engineering or IT Management.
- Previous solid experience in a Head of Technology role, working on complex software products and system integration using .NET Microsoft Technologies.
- Track record of success as a leader of Software Engineers.
- Ability to lead and build Software Engineering teams taking products from concept to production.
- Strong experience to deliver and oversee Programs and Projects from both a Technology and Business perspective.
- Provide strategic IT leadership on the Technology Roadmap, proactive and innovative approach.
- Previous industry experience building and delivering software products, integrating software with electronics/electrical and mechanical devices is highly regarded.
Frequent local and international travel will be a requirement of this role.
If yes to the above apply now!
Head of Software Development / Software Development Director / Technical Director
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates for this position will be contacted within the next 7 days.
We look forward to the opportunity of assisting you with your career search.